Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Bucket showers - at least they're warm!

David's (Zoe's Dad) notes: This is from a letter that Zoe sent in early December. I was not able to keep up with everything, so I am going back now and posting old letters now.)
______________________________________________
DECEMBER 9, 2013


Transfers have occurred and now I´m in a place called Sabana Yegua, which is part of an area called Azua. I have a new companion, Hna. Hernandez, who´s awesome and nice and is from Chile and speaks both English and Spanish. She´s so great and funny! We live with two other girls, Hna. Rush, from Arizona who was in the MTC with me, and Hna. Alcantara, who's Dominican.  We have a super great and chill house and it´s so great!

Well the girls in the house are great, but the actual house... whelp I´m finally taking bucket showers! It´s really not too bad, because you can boil some water first and then you have hot water and I never got hot showers in my area so it´s the first time I've had warm showers in like 3 months! But it´s top on my list to get our water fixed! We also rarely have light. there´s not much we can do about it, but it´s really not a big deal cause we´re gone most of the day and I have a flashlight for night and candles too. And it´s made me very thankful for electricity. Literally every time we get light our whole house is screams like ¨Yahooo light!!¨ I can definitely say I've taken it for granted before. Never once in the US did I flip on a light switch and say ¨Yahoo light!¨ Try it sometime. It´s good to have something to be excited about!

One more thing, I found out my last Zone Conference that our mission has the most people with baptism dates and the most investigators that attend church in all of the Caribbean! Yahoo! However we don´t have the highest amount of baptisms, so we've got to work on that so I´m not too worried. 

Well. I´m going to try to send pictures, but it´s struggling, so we´ll just have to wait and see how that goes.

¨I believe that for most of us the best medicine for loneliness is work and service in behalf of others. I do not minimize your problems, but I do not hesitate to say that there are many others whose problems are more serious than yours. Reach out to serve them, to help them, to encourage them.¨  -President Gordon B. Hinkley

No comments:

Post a Comment