Sunday, August 25, 2013

Rosie Got Baptized & Zoe Would Love Mail!

David's Notes: Zoe make's references to "boyfriends" in her first line. Perhaps it makes more sense when you understand that Robin (Zoe's younger sister) LOVES One Direction- a boy band from the U.K. and then you will see the picture of One Direction!

Here is the link to find Zoe's e-mail address: Zoe's Address Information
__________________________________________________________

So, I´m sitting in an internet cafe listen to the Dominican owner singing Maroon 5 at the top of his lungs. This is my life and I love it!
Things are great. My companion and I are SUPER busy. Nothing specific happened, but we´re just working with a lot of people.
I have so much I want to say, but so little time!
Rosie got baptized! YAHOOOO!!!! She´s so awesome and so happy! Her friend, Ashley who´s also planning to get baptized by the end of this month came to the baptism as well.
Juan Carlos came to the baptism too, and also brought 2 friends to church and now we´re teaching them too. The youth here are so awesome and are so supportive of eachother and share the good things that they´re doing. Juan Carlos is super animated about his baptism and wants us to come over to his house everyday to teach him, but we have to tell him we can´t go EVERY day, but we try to as much as we can. We also gave his mother a Book of Mormon this week and she was so happy to recieve it and is now reading it with her husband. We´ll see how they keep progressing... She´s only come to church once, but she loves to have us over and we also have great and very interactive lessons with them.
Also, we ran into a HUGE group of Americans this week very close to our house at an icecream shop. They´re here for a humanitarian type work. They were super nice and we chatted for a bit. It was awesome to speak with them and meet them. They´re all from the East Coast. Also, it made me chuckle because they seemed sooo American. I didn´t realize how different we were, until we saw the first Americans we´ve seen in a long time and just realized that somehow Americans and Dominicans are just different! Hard to explain, but it made me realize I must have been here for a while.
Well sorry I´m out of time! I´m also sorry my words are always so jumbled in my emails- I write REALLY quick. I´ll end with a quotation for this week,

¨In an extremely challenging world, this is what I see young women and women of the Chruch doing. They are an influence for good. They are virtuous and exemplary, intelligent and industrious. They are making a difference because they are different.¨ -President Elaine S. Dalton
Things are great and I hope they´re great back home! Remember, missionaries love mail!
Make good choices!

Hermana Safeer




First off, we ran into our boyfriends at LaSirena (the Dominican Walmart) last Monday. (ROBIN R-O-C-K me again!)











This is Rosie and Perla! Rosie´s such a good sport. We ran out of normal baptism clothes (we had 3 baptism in 1 night!) So we wore the ugliest thing. We knew it was ugly, she knew it was ugly, but she just laughed about it and was such a good sport. Especially being a 16 year old girl, she just put in on and thought it was funny and wanted us to take this picture of her.












Us with just Rosie


















This is Rosie and her whole family. Oscar (The other one in white) is the one who baptized her. It´s awesome that she had the opportunity to be baptized by her brother. He joined the church maybe like a year or two ago. The rest of her family aren´t members, but they were awesome and supportive and showed up to see her be baptized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment