Sunday, October 27, 2013

Zoe's been in the DR for 6 months and her roommate has lice!

David's Notes: Zoe asked me to post a talk given by Elder Uchtdorf, an apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (also known as "the Mormons.") Here is the link to that talk...


Take about 5-10 minutes to read the talk, or about 18 minutes to watch. Either way, you will get something out of it and understand more about why Zoe is in the Dominican Republic for two years.
________________________________________________________


Wow what a week! A couple of cool things happened that I´d particularly like to share.

One is interviews with the President of the mission. Every few months he has interviews with all 250 of us missionaries in this mission. This was my 2nd interview ever. At my first I had only been in the field for about 2 weeks. With 6 months under my belt now he commented on how wonderful my Spanish was and that he was pleased that I had no problem understanding him or communicating. YAHOO!

"Uh,oh! Someone has lice!"






The second thing was General Conference. WOWWWWW. So good! I feel like I really don´t have to expand on that, but I would like to share something. For anyone who wants to know why anyone would ever want to join our church, WATCH THIS!  (Dad please post the talk by Pres. Uchtdorf. gracias!) 

I've really had a great and exciting week, but don´t have too much time to expand more. But this work is amazing. I´m forever blessed for my opportunity to be here! And remember...

¨Life isn't about finding yourself, it´s about creating yourself¨´-Anonymous

Until next week, 
                                                                   Hermana Safeer




No comments:

Post a Comment